Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Hi. I feel so depressed and as if world is crashing.

Hi. I feel so depressed and as if world is crashing. i'm deeply hurt. my boyfriend sent me this email ynite,
""hey just wanted to ask you what if I just wanted to be alone (single) and just work out some things in my life, what will you think about it and feel about it""

he's finishing his first degree in august & wants to get into med school, & he's taking the mcat by dec. he's hoping everything will be sorted out by dec, jan, or feb.
and he's saying he needs some space for a while, but dec, jan, or feb are like in 6-8 months time and that's not a while. i'm really hurt cos i didn't see this coming, and we're not in the same place so i'm wondering whether i'm a distraction to him, but he says i'm not.
he asked what my plan was, and whether i'll wait for him or wait for him and still be open. i said i'll wait for him. he said he still loves me and will always love me, and i can call or text him anything that he's always here for me.
i've just been crying my eyes out since ynite and my eyes are already swollen. i'm hurting deeply.
What do u think of the situation? for him to ask for space and time, is that a sign or way of breaking up with me. he says he's not breaking up with me that its only for a while. 6-8 months is not a while. i can wait for him as long as he comes back to me. what do u think. what if he finds someone else.
he was supposed to come and visit me this august or september after he graduates and now he's saying all these. i don't understand. if he tells me he can't make it here in august or sept i'll understand, but to tell me he needs space to sort his life out, and career and future.
i'm just so confused. should i wait for him? is there any sign that he's backing out of the r/ship that way?
the whole thing makes me hate love, and wishing i nevcer met him. last month was our 11th month anniversary and 13th of this month was supposed to be our one year anniversary. i've not heard from him today. the reality is sinking in in my head. pls advice me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear this, I know that you had a lot of feelings for him and were looking very forward to him coming to see you. It's hard to say what's going on with him, or what his reasonings are aside from what he's told you. This is the issue with long distance relationships....some people can handle them, some people can handle them for a while and some people can't deal with them at all. Since he's saying that it's not a break up, then it's up to you to decide if you want to sit around waiting for him. My suggestion would be to move on with your life, but reserve a small part for him. If in 6 to 8 months which is a very long time, he wants to be with you, then you can decide then if you want to be with him. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tanx a lot.
How do i keep from going crazy? I've just been crying and feel as if my heart is being ripped apart. I just want to get through this. I'm not thinking of dating someone else cos i don't want to get hurt again. I told myself that if things didn't work out between us i won't love again. i'll just be single cos i've had enough of heartaches.
I've not heard from him today and its killing me. if this is supposed to be a break, why does it hurt so much. i just don't know what is going on. i'm sooo deeply hurt. he told me i'm not losing but why do i feel hurt. i just wish i never got into this r/ship in the first place. he never told me this all this while and waited till after the 11th month to tell me.
i can't just stop crying. is this is a heartbreak, if its not, why does it feel like.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.