Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Awhile back, the guy I like complained that I never call ...

Awhile back, the guy I like complained that I never call him. So I started calling him, and he seemed really happy about it. I've called him about once a week since then and he's also called me. The last time I talked to him he said that I've been calling a lot and he wondered why because I never used to call. I asked if he wanted me to let him go and he said "no, that's not my decision." Why would he say this? Should I stop calling him? I am unsure as to whether he meant that I am calling him too much, or if he was trying to get me to say I am calling because I like you, want to talk to you, etc.

We're currently 600 miles apart so this is the only way we can communicate right now. We went on a few dates before, but we're not bf and gf.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Hello Leslie,

You can be honest with him about it and let him know that you remembered him saying that you never call him, so you decided to call more. You can also let him know that you enjoy talking to him, if you do. Everyone likes to hear that once in a while. I wouldn't stop calling him unless he stopped calling you.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Warmly

Chase
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you think that I should wait to hear from him first before calling him again? Normally, I wouldn't really bother to keep track of whose turn it was to call, but I guess I am feeling a little apprehensive about the situation now.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
When was the last time you spoke, and who called?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We spoke last Thursday for about an hour, and I called him.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
Well, it's perfectly fine to wait for him to call. If he doesn't call by this coming thursday, I might call and ask if everything is ok, and maybe jokingly ask if you're supposed to call all the time.

Something you can do to keep him on his toes, is to be sure to be the first to get off the phone, maybe about 75-80% of the time. Say you have to take care of some things, run errends, or run out.

Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues