Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

When writing individual thank you cards for a gift card ...

When writing individual thank you cards for a gift card given to you by a group of people, should you specify the amount of money for which the gift card was given, even if the amount was not specified on the gift card, but one of the individuals informed you of the amount of money given?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Haras,

Absolutely not. The person who told you the amounts was out of line as the nature of a gift is that people give what is possible for them to give, not who gave what amount. I would simply say, thank you along with your note and leave it at that. Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Chase

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I'm not sure if I explained my question very well...the person did not tell me the amount that each person individually contributed to the gift card, she just told me the total amount that the gift card was for, as the amount was not specified on the actual gift card.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Ah, I see. In that case, she had to tell you the amount. No, I still would not mention the price, as it's not about the price, but the gift card itself. Everyone who contributed likely knows how much the card is for. Just say thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you're sure you'll be able to get something nice, etc.

Chase