Kate McCoy
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

How can I get my bf to give me love and attention.

Customer Question

He claims he is in love with me and wants to marry me some day, then why doesn't he even call to see how my day is, or just to hear my voice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Keri,

How long have you been with him?

What are your ages?

Has he always been like this or did this start at some point?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've been with him for 5 years, and I am 23 and he is 28. He was always content being on his own, but it's gotten worse the past 2 years I guess, and all I wanr is some attention n love from the man. It feels like he only gives that to me when he's in the mood or wanrs sex or something.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for that additional info.

What do you mean that 'he was always content being on his own'?

How often do you see him?

Do you only see him when he wants to see you? What does he do when you want to see him?

Have you talked to him about it? if so what was his response?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The thing I mean with he is aways content being on his own is that he enjoys time by himself frequently, where is I would rather be around people to be happy. We used to live together, and now we moved back to our homes to save for a house, so now I go over his parents house every Tues. for dinner, n Friday night me n him go to a local bar to hang out with friends, n then I'll sleep over, n stay into Sat., n Sun I work all day, n then he comes over for Sun. dinner. But the days in between I never get a call or anything from him. And yes I usually only see him when he wants to see me,because his is very moody, and I am always happy seeing him. He sometimes says he's tired, or busy if I want to see him, n he isn't in the mood. Yes I have talked to him about his lack of devotion and attention to me, n he gets frustrated n says I am trying to change him, but I'm not, I just want love from him.