KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

How do I know if the man Im with is my soulmate

I''ve been with my current boyfriend almost a year now, but he is the only boyfriend I''ve ever had. I love him a lot, but since I''ve never been with anyone else before I don''t have anything to compare him to and wonder if I could feel the same way about someone else. I don''t know if I should risk losing what I have with him to see what else is out there. If I knew for sure he was my soulmate I wouldn''t care that I''ve never had another boyfriend. But how do you know for sure if someone is your soulmate?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-Do you and your boyfriend get along for the most part?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: I am 20, he is 21, and yes, we get along for the most part. I've never had a boyfriend before, been on a few dates with other guys here and there but he is my first. We've been together almost a year now, and he is currently deployed overseas until September, which has given me a lot of time to think. I'm sure its possible to fall in love with another guy if it ends up not working out, but for the most part I'm just confused. I feel like I should know when I find the right person but I just don't.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Customer

Most people know that they are in love but some think they are in love until they see the grass may be greener on the other side but some times that grass isn't really green but painted on and then by that time you may have given up a really good thing. The reason you are having doubts now is because your boyfriend is deployed and you are feeling lonely and all I can say to you is not to do something you may regret later and wish you haven't done. When you find someone you get along with totally and have the same things in common and he makes you feel like you are the only person in the world for him that is when you know you are truly loved totally and completely. It's normal to feel lonely when your mate is not around but that doesn't mean that they aren't the one for you it just means that you are missing the company, if that is the case then find some girl friends to hang out with and spend time with.

If when your boyfriend returns and you still feel the same like you may be missing something then maybe you should discuss this with your boyfriend and see what he says if he is the type that you can talk about anything with but it sounds like the two of you get along well and care about each other don't mess that up for loneliness because loneliness may just get you a broken heart in the end and that is something you don't want you don't want to wake up one day and wish you hadn't let your soul mate go. Many people have done that and regretted it and still pine for that person they let get away.

Try spending your time doing other things that will keep your mind off of wondering if he is the one or not. If the feeling gets too overwhelming then maybe you are having second thoughts about your relationship and making such a commitment to one person at such a young way either way make sure you are always honest with your boyfriend and don't keep anything from him. If you have anything to add and still need my help click reply.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com