KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Should you go to clubs, parties or social functions ...

Should you go to clubs, parties or social functions without your significant other.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-Are you married or just dating?

-How long have you been married or together?

-Does your significant other mind you going out and doing things alone?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that I can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: We are engaged.

together for 6 years

going out alone with friends seems to be a problem.

I like to go out sometimes with my friends but it seems that if I am out of site for a day that there is a chance that i am doing something wrong.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Customer

It sounds as though your mate has a trust or jealousy issue and if this is the case then yes there is a problem but not with you but with them, you have to make sure they work on that before you get married or it may get worse after you marry. There is nothing wrong with going out as friends it just depends on how often you do and what type of friends you go out with. If you are doing it way too much and it's affecting your relationship then yes you should curve it a little bit. In any relationship trust and communication are very important and if they don't trust you then maybe you should get married until that trust issue is worked out. Maybe try calling them from time to time while you are out and letting them know you are okay if you do this on a regular basis they will see that you are at least making an effort to keep him posted on what your doing and your well being.

Just when you go to the bathroom get them a quick call and tell them you want to call and let them know where you were, maybe it's when they don't know where you will be or if you will really be there is when they get upset and when you don't contact them all day they may think the worse but this is something they are going have to really think about working on that flaw and making themselves more trusting of you unless you are giving them reason to doubt you like not calling, hanging with the wrong friends of the opposite sex, stay gone too long or late, these could be reasons they are not trusting if this is the case try to be a little bit more understand to the fact that you are in a serious relationship and are expected to act a certain way in that relationship but it sounds like your mate has the issues and needs to work on them because there is nothing wrong with hanging with friend for a change of pace this way you won't grow tired of each other. If you have anything to add or anymore question click reply please.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com