Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Hi! I have many questions,...I think the main idea point is ...

Hi! I have many questions,...I think the main idea point is about has to do with relationships. This arena is to small to type all my concerns so you will probably have to confer back and forth a lot (!) to earn your 2 dollars (ha!). I am very strict in getting to the point and learning as much as I can about these issues to be able to get them resolved for good. You will most likely find me extremely irritating and very hard to get along with so do not be surprised if I severely strain our relationship-to the point that you want to dump me and forget all about the payment. I think I would prefer a very experienced expert in psychiatry, life coaching, counseling or similar area w/emphasis on God/religious aspects. (I may turn down the first few hundred applicants for this job simply because I don't like their history/experience/qualifications/looks/etc.-please do not be offended, I will not pay you, this is just the way I am). Thank you and Godspeed. (msg continued on edit page-hopfuly
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

What is your question/s?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ms. Chase, sorry I ran out of space. We might have to use the chat space ask suggested. There are more facets to this than I have listed so I know you will ask the proper questions to help you gain perspective on my situation. I guess my basic question is:
                                         &nbs p;                                         &n bsp;                    "What is my purpose, how do I accomplish it, why do I have such a hard time with EVERYTHING if there is a God, why if the bible says how much God loves me and has only the best intentions for me do I struggle so hard-I feel I am his personal joke to laugh at and hurt when he has a bad day. Nothing is working in my life and I don't know what to do, everywhere seems a dead end. I really hope you will take me seriously and try to help me. I need help bad and immediately and urgently. Sincere thanks!!"                                        & nbsp;                                          ;                                         &nb sp;               I might be unavailable at various times throughout this day as some things have come up that will need my urgent attention and I am unsure as to how much time I will be allowed to spend here-sorry,...I do value you and your time greatly and hope you are willing and can work with me around my various issues. Again, thank you very much in advance bob.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Bob

Thank you for using Just Answer and for providing me with such a frank and honest idea of your feelings. It's not easy to admit that we may be lost or feeling like we are alone in our struggles, and rest assured, I do take you and your situation seriously.

Everyone's relationship with God is different. You can go to church with the same person for years, but they still will have their own way of dealing with God and their faith that is going to be in some way different than yours. I'm going to assume that you are Christian or Catholic, but you can correct me if I'm wrong. The fact is there are many 'religions' that seek to have a relationship with God, even if they call him by other names.

I don't believe that there's a specific "way that God works", I believe that you create a relationship that works for you, and that sometimes this relationship is in conjunction with the parameters of your religion. For example, a person who can or cannot eat certain foods based on their religion, or a particular way that prayers are to be said.

Sometimes it can be difficult to hear God and understand what he wants from us. There is no real answer to that question, but we do know one thing, God wants us to live a righteous, true and good life. He wants us to love ourselves and love one another. He wants us not to harm ourselves, others, or the planet...or at the very least minimize the harm when possible, and still feel bad about doing it. This is my thoughts, and what I believe God expects from me. We're not perfect, no one is, but we can strive to be more perfect than we are.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto to you. Don't treat people in a manner that you would not wish to be treated. Let s/he who is without sin, throw the first stone. No one is perfect, so you should never sit in judgment of others. The 10 commandments provide a list of the things God expects of us.

There's a possibility that you may never actually "hear" a "voice", like someone actually talking to you, but if you believe that God is within you, you can learn to interpret the things you feel and the things you need to make decisions about.

There are a few ways you can open the line of communication with God. Start to meditate. It should be a quiet place where you can relax, a beach/lake, a hike in the woods, a bike ride, at night before you go to sleep or in the morning when you wake up, on your knees, in the bath....anywhere where you can experience a feeling of peace.

You can also take your bible, open it randomly and read whats in front of you. This could be a question, or a particularly hard struggle or life problem you're having. Again this has to be something you feel very comfortable with and you need to be calm and try to attain a peaceful feeling at that moment.

Commit to trying to communicate with God on a daily basis. Set aside a time/s that you can sit quietly and open your heart and mind and just talk. Whether you talk out loud, talk in your head, or write in a journal, is all up to how comfortable you feel. You can even do different things on different days. Journal on the weekends and pray during the week. It's all up to you and your schedule.

There are times when you will wonder about a decision, and if you've made the right decision. There's no way of knowing for certain, but you will usually get a feeling about things. Some people attribute this feeling to God and his spirit being inside of you. Remember always that God helps those who help themselves, and the helping hand we sometimes look for is at the end of our own arms. Sometimes it seems like there is no answer or no end to our problems, but the reality is, this is your life. You can make the best of it, keep trying despite the odds, and when all else fails, do something for someone else. There's nothing better than doing something for someone else, who has less than you or is in a worst situation than you to make you put your own situation into perspective

I do hope this helps, and I welcome your thoughts. Let me know if you want to talk more. I'm here anytime.

Warmly

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Ms.Chase. You have the same points my therapists and pastors have. I have a very very difficult time trying to follow along that path. There are times when I feel God speak to me, I do what is said, then I get a royal dry shafting - that is of course when I feel he did that on purpose. Other times he refuses to say or do anything and I feel screwed again. I really don't know what the point is. How do I find my purpose and why is this happening to me? I also have severe bad relationship issues. It is like bad karma -whatever or however something can go wrong it does. I guess the main thing is I can't get along with people. I try really hard though. No one likes me. Everyone does what they can to put me down and make it hard for me. My therapist told me to talk to my psychiatrist about my issues. My psychiatrist told me I was already topped out on my medications and I should do behavorial/cognitive therapy with my therapist. You see, nothing works, they just keep taking my money, and probably laugh all the way to the bank. I was born to two pedophile psychopaths who abused me every way possible. I am told I suffer from psychosis, schizophrenia, anxiety, mood disorders, severe depression, and recently seem to have developed a very severe anger management issue. It is funny how you said to pray and meditate on god. I am now off a job where I had low seniority for 17 1/2 years and could not participate in church or be ministered to. We moved so I started back attending a different church I like. It is quite big with many pastors. I called several times leaving short messages trying to speak to the senior pastor. Never heard from him. After many weeks a girl called, spoke with me a couple of minutes, and told me that I was on the right "path", and that "you should read your bible daily and pray in tongues". (I have done my best to do this). She did not answer any of my questions or address any of my concerns. That was several weeks ago and absolutely nothing has changed. I feel she is a worthless whore. Too bad she is getting paid for that. Lotta help she was! Him too! I think I might have given up on my belief in god or a higher power. I have been in therapy/on medication all my life and I have yet to see any type of improvement or change. I have been unemployed since 2000 (worked one job for four months in that time frame). I have always had a very hard time getting employment and realize that we are in a strong downturn in our economy. I went back to school and got a bachelors degree (with a 4.0) and then a masters. I have sent out/applied to over five hundred places and got responses from two of them. After getting all my information one had me drive 48 miles one way for an interview, wait 86 minutes in the office, and then told me that, "you are waaaaaay overqualified for this job". I did not say anything thinking that it might have been a test. Later, when it turned out he was dead serious, my thoughts were like if you knew my education, history, references, and qualifications,...why did you have me drive 100 miles to tell me I was overqualified? The other job was a sales commission job that I really liked. After four months I had sold nothing so they let me go. Every job I have ever had has laid me off and immediately or eventually went out of business-except for that last one, yet. So, what do you think I should do or be doing? Thanks bob.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for that additional information. With all of your diagnoses, have you considered applying for disability?

I think at this time you may want to take a more simple approach to your prayers. Don't assume that you're being told to do anything, and don't ask for anything, just pray. Thank God for the fact that you are such a strong person who was able to live through what your parents put you through, thank him for your gift of life itself and your ability to be able to walk, see and hear. Ask him to open the pathways in your life that he wants you to take. Pray for others. Ask that his will, not your will, be done. If you can't think of anything to say, then read or repeat a prayer, such as the Lord's prayer.

Perhaps there is work you can do with people who have been through some of the things you've been through. Perhaps you need to tell people your story, stand up for people who may not be able to stand up for themselves. Have you considered public or motivational speaking? Have you considered starting your own business?

If you sent your resume to 500 people and onlue got two responses, then it's possible that there's something wrong with your resume. You will usually see a 5-10 percent response, even if it's just inquiries or asking for more info. I will take a look at your resume if you like.

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues