Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

What are your htoughts about the mother of a man feeding ...

Customer Question

What are your htoughts about the mother of a man feeding his girlfriend, unbeknownst to him, details concerning his past personal relationships. This has now created a picture in my current girlfriend''s mind abiout who and what I am and has resulted in a completer breakdown in communication between us. Should I tell my mother to back off and stop what she is doing
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello

What are you and your gf ages?

What kinds of details?

Why would your mother do this?

How did you find out?

How long have you been with your gf?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I am 60 y/o girlfriend is 50 y/o.

Relationship details - such as: what we would argue about and what the outcome would be. Any and all details about my past relationships - the kind of women I chose to date, how the relationship(s) progressed, any problems we had,
how we related to one another, .. etc.

Why would she do this? Supposedly, to help my girlfriend understand me and use the information to manipulate me to do what my girlfriend wanted mke to do. I am beginning to think that this is my mother's way of insuring that no woman stays with me too long. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

How did I find out? duing an argument with my girlfriend, she blurted out - yore acting just like your mother said you would and it's the same way you acted with your other girlfriends ......

Been with girlfriend 4 years
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

This is very wrong on your mother's part, very wrong. She is manipulating you, your girlfriend and your relationship and it's plain wrong. I recommend that people don't themselves tell significant others everything about their past relationships, it can cause a lot of issues, and here you have your mother telling her who knows what.

You said this is the 3rd time this has happened, did you ever say anything to your mother about it before? Did you ask her not to do it?

You absolutely have to tell your mom to back off and that what she's doing, although she may mean well, is not right. It's possible that she may not want to stop, or may not be able to stop, but if thats the case, then you will have to tackle it from the other end, which is your girlfriends end. Hopefully you can salvage your relationship with your girlfriend, but if not, you know to keep a future girlfriend away from your mom, or at least minimize their interaction until your mother shows she can respect your wishes.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Warmly

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the feedback. I just needed to hear someone else say it was wrong and manipulative. This has happened before and I have asked her to not do it but, .... Mom knows what is best (I am joking).

Thanks again.

Paul
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.