Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Im confused

Customer Question

The first time we met, we really had an actration but he also was in a 2 year relationship. His girlfriend left him last year in August. Since 4 months we got closer. He always says that we are good friends but friends don''t sleep with each other, right? Since two weeks he tells me that he''s thinking about me and dream about me. Today he told me that he''s tired of running in the streets and spending his money on buying drinks for other girls. He has a lot female friends. As I was upset with him, that he didn''t call enough and I would like to end our ''thing'' (yeah, I call it thing because I really don''t know what we have) he called me and explained why. Since then he calls more often. I can see effort. If I''m talking about a relationship, the girlfriend - boyfriend thing, he''s getting weird. But I don''t know what I have with him? I try to be a friend so I let him know that I''m hoping to find the right one. He thinks I''m fooling guys. Should I let him go? Does he has feelings for me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello

What are your ages?

Is today when you told him you wanted to end things?

What were the imporvements? do you mean imporvements just today?

Are you still intimate with him?

Chase

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
He is 26 I'm 24

I told him last Wednesday but since then he showed effort and tells me he's thinking about me very often and he is not the type of guy who is going to say that just to keep me. He is not somebody who likes working for on a girl!!

At the moment I'm not because he is in New Orleans and I'm in Palm Beach. I will see him in August this year!!
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

If he's showing a different side of himself and it seems like he may be working on changing the things that you don't like, then you might at least want to give him a chance and see how things go. Maybe you telling him that you wanted to end the relationship woke him up and he doesn't want to lose you. There's nothing wrong with giving him a chance, just keep in mind that it's not that easy for people to change, so its possible he could just be doing this to keep you. Time will tell more than anything else. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Chase you do you thing he could be interested in a relationship with me? I don't know what we have? Is this friendship or a relationship? As I wanted to end this he said that we are tide? What does he means with that? And yesterday he said that he stop beeing in the streets and partying!! I asked him if he done anything and he said seriously no!!
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

There's no way to know if he is being honest with you or if he's just telling you what you want to hear. There's just no way to tell. The only thing would be to start back off as a friend, and get to know each other more on that level, before jumping back into the intimate aspect. If you continue to sleep with him, without knowing what he's really getting into, then you're taking your chances. It's hard to know what's going on in someone's head, but the important thing is to not listen to what they say, but what they do, because actions speak louder than words

Chase