Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I had discussions on 6/10 with Kimberly and Ms Chase. I

I had discussions on 6/10 with Kimberly and Ms Chase.   I would like to continue with a bit more dialogue with them about a specific part of those discussions.   We had talked about my 19 yr old daughter's guy friend Nate, who is the one my live in partner, Dave, does not want coming to the house. I told him that I consulted experts on this website.   I am writing again on his behalf since he feels that I did not reveal more details about Nate and a recent incident.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Karen,

I'm here to talk, just let me know what you want to talk about.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When my daughter moved back home from college a few weeks ago, I heard that she had told Nate that they couldnt date any longer.   The following weekend, my two daughters that moved back home from college were invited to a party/camp out on a big farm owned by their friend's (Jake) family.   Nate, who had not been invited, found out about it.   He went there with the intent to find my daughter Michelle, and try to force her to talk to him.   She didn't want to, but he wouldn't leave her alone and actually began saying ugly things to her. Jake, who was at the campsite as well, heard them and he told Nate to leave, but he also knocked him to the ground really hard. Then Nate left, but returned several minutes later and Jake slammed him down again and told him to get off the property.   Nate (who is 21) went home and told his father.   Turns out Nate's shoulder was dislocated. The father called the police and Jake got arrested the next day. My point to all this is Nate's reputation and the problems that occur on and off since my daughter began dating him, and therefore Dave not wanting him around.   Late in the morning after the fight (starting at 3:00am) Nate's family began calling Michelle's cell phone and leaving nasty messages.   She had done nothing wrong, and did not have any part in the guys fight.   First, Nate's FATHER, who is a 60ish yr old businessman, left her a message like this "This is Mr. ______, Nate was attacked by someone you know, so I want you to stay off our property. I am going to file a lawsuit against this guy, and possibly YOU, so don't call and don't come around you F _ _ _ _ _ whore."   That is what the DAD said on her cell phone.   Then the daughter called and said even worse things to Michelle.   And Nate called a bunch of times trying to sweet talk her into calling him.   After all of this, Michelle said she is still Nate's friend.   That is why I'm fearful that he may show up at my house and Dave is going to say something to make him leave, or Dave might leave. Then my daughter's going to have an issue with Dave.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Chase, I assume you recall, or can still see our discussions from yesterday so you know what I am talking about?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Yes ma'am, I do recall talking with you and followed your conversation with Ms Kim as well. Let me read over this and get back to you in a few minutes.

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

whats your daughters position on this, is she still going to see him/date him? or you don't know yet?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He has not been to the house since that fighting incident, so I am hoping she has the sense, and knowledge that it is not a good idea for him to show up.    She did tell me she is friend, no matter how much everyone else thinks he's a low life.   The other night I was informed by my other daughter that Michelle met Nate and they went to the movies.   I am thinking that I should have a talk with Michelle, express my concerns and position on him coming to the house.   Dave thinks it will lead to something else happening and possibly at our house.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.