Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

why is he telling on me

Customer Question

my boyfriend that is 47 tells his nephew that i am immature. his nephew who is 18 cannot handle joking around.they are both insecure on their looks. this 18 year old is not his son, to be telling on me.why should his nephew care whether i am mature or not?it's my business
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

You're right, it is your business. You would have to tell your boyfriend that not only do you not like him telling your business to other people but that you feel it is inappropriate for him to tell pretty much, a child, anything about you. If he is close to his nephew, he may not see anything wrong in confiding in him, but if you tell him how it makes you feel, he might stop.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they do look quite alike. they are both smart, stubborn, brown skin.but in your opinion why is he telling?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
It's hard to say, do they spend a lot of time together?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no, they see each other a couple weeks out of the year in the past. now the teen is in college.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

so how did he tell him this? on the phone? what made him say it? how did you know he said it?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he told him in person.i heard the conversation in my living room.they do look quite alike, almost like twins.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.
was he joking around?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no he was not joking. he sounded serious
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Well, we can't always take to heart what people say about is. He's being immature by saying these things about you, especially to someone who may not be all that mature themselves. You can tell him that you don't like it and you don't want him talking about you, in front of you, to his nephew.