Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

Why would my best friend tell me that not only does he ...

Why would my best friend tell me that not only does he love me, he''s in love with me and thinks we are soulmates. Then says he doesn''t want to have sex because it will ruin everything. (he''d been drinking) The next day told me he meant as friends, not anything else.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

Are you male or female?

What are your ages?

Is this the first time he's ever said anything like this?

How do you feel about him?

Chase

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I am female
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am female. I am 51, he is 39. He has said that he thinks we've met for a reason. I love him.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Alexander,

My mother used to have a saying "a drunk mind speaks a sober thought". She firmly believed that people said what they really felt when they were drunk. I'm not sure that I believe her because I have known people who said things when they were drunk, that even if they meant them in their souls, nothing on earth could bring them to repeat it when they are sober, so even if it is the truth, it doesn't matter because they won't admit it. At this point, he's said how he felt while he was drunk, and he knows it. He's probably thinking about it, maybe he regrets blurting it out, but who knows. The best thing for you is to step back a little and let him digest what he's said. Don't pressure him about it and go on like everything is normal. Perhaps he has some misgivings about how he feels and perhaps its really how he feels, either way, there is no comfortable way to make him face his feelings, and if you push him, it may push him further away. Play it cool, don't act any way out of the ordinary, and don't bring up what he said again, unless he does. Continue as friends....if there is more there, then it will eventually surface. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Warmly

Chase