Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Why does my ex keep looking at me.

No Comment Added
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Diana

How long were you together?

Why did you split up?

What are you ages?

What do you mean he's looking at you?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: we were together for 4 years. We split up for numerous resons he said he didnt love me and he got friendly with another woman but just friends he says. I am 40 and he is 58. We work together on weekends and from the corner of my eye i find him looking at me and when i look at him he turns his head quickly.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Diane,

I apologize for the late response, I never got your reply, I'm not sure why. I had a couple more questions. Do you and him talk at all? How long has it been since you split?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I try to talk but we just end up arguing because i dont like what he says. We have been split up for nearly 3 months.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

What does he say?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Since january david my ex partner has been in contact with a friend from the past her name is XXXXX XXXXX seems to be very friendly to my liking and thats when the arguements start because when questioned he still says there is nothing go on between them. Up to 3 weeks ago he told me we had no future and to move on but he says when we argue that i dont realise what damage i am doing, so i reply that what damage can i do we have no future you said, then he says well you will never no now you have finished. I am so confused with all this he says these things and looks at me constantly what does he want?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Diane,

It sounds like he's playing games. One one hand he says there's no future, but on the other hand he says you're causing damage. You are right, damage to what, if there's nothing there? To tell you one thing and then say another is just controlling, game playing behavior. The best thing right now might be to ignore him completely....don't look at him, and just give it time to see how he reacts to that. When it seems like he's making the situation only go in his favor, you have to change is so that he's not able to control the situation. If this means walking away, ending the conversation, not taking his calls, etc, until he sees that you refuse to put up with his nonsense. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So the information i have sent does it tell you that he does not want a future with me or his he not sure what he wants.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

It sounds more to me like he's not sure what he wants. However, he shouldt be taking his inability to make a decision out on you. You have to take the wheel and basically show him that you're not going to be toyed with. Try not to look at him, and don't engage him in any arguments, tell him if there is no future, then to leave you alone, and see how he reacts.