How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ms Chase Your Own Question

Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Ms Chase is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i moved back in with my parents when i realized i would be ...

Customer Question

i moved back in with my parents when i realized i would be a single mom. financially im unable to move out. I moved out to begin with because my father was a grouchy irrate raging diabetic. i had a regular job outside of the house at a restaurant. i ate dinner at work because his dinner routine is like a second job. I want to move out again and take my daughter with me. sometimes my daughter is scared of my father. sometimes my mom wants him to go back to work again and stay at the office. my mom needs him financially to get by. so does myself and the grandaughter. he is deaf and has portly bellows . i mean he is loud and hurts our ears and our feelings.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Catheryn,

What is your question?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my question is can i call our family physician and tell him dad sometimes out of control with his diabetes. or that he just needs to wear his hearing aid. it was a medical question and no one wanted to answer it medically. he takes wellabutrin and is sometimes aggresive or just hurts feelings
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Catheryn,

I apologize no one helped you in that category. I would say that your mom can call, as she is his wife, as his daughter they might not be willing to talk to you, but if your mom won't call, it's worth a try.

Why is he not wearing his hearing aid? Have you talked to him about not yelling around your daughter? When you say out of control with his diabetes, what do you mean?


Ms Chase and 2 other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
his blood sugar goes way up maybe its been over300. maybe we need to check his meter for accuracy reading that. he gets ornry with us he has hobbies and activities that interest him. but he needs help washing the cars today and i thought that was his hobby apparantly. it is our chores and most of the time i lived with him i've been living with him under duress to go along with his chores
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

I would check his meter, he may need to go back to the doctor if he's not maintaining a balance. You and your mom have to get together and stand up to him. I'm not sure what would work, or wouldn't, but maybe let him know that if he doesn't wear his hearing aid, no one will respond to him. Let him yell to his little hearts content and get some earplugs. If you stand together, you will have more power. Once he' sees that you're serious, he'll figure it out. You're an adult now, you are not obligated to help him with anything. WHat you do, you do out of the kindness of your heart and because you love him. I understand what it feels like to be under someone financially, but you have to put your foot down about certain things. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more


Related Relationship Questions