KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

I have been involved with this guys for about five years.

I have been involved with this guys for about five years. I am the mother of a wonderful six year old boy and yesterday, it being Mother''s Day, I thought a card or a gift should have been expected on my friends behalf. He has never done anything and I am very upset. He called me early afternoon to say Happy Mother''s Day and invited me over to his place after dark. I accepted under the assumption that he had done something special for me but he didn''t. Should I be sad and hurt? It''s not his son but should he have not acknowlegde me on mother''s day?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Yes if you were expecting your friend to at least get you a card or do something special for you and you got nothing for Mother's Day of course you would be sad and you should let your friend know that they hurt you because even though the little boy isn't theirs they could have at least acknowledged that you were a mother. If you are that upset don't let it go let them know how hurt you really are, if you do not do that then it will only turn from you being sad to you being mad,don't let it get that far. Tell them when they called you thought it meant that he was going to do something special for you.

Tell him that just the fact that he said Happy Mother's Day was not enough for you and that you thought he would at least get you a card or a special cooked dinner and that it made you feel like they didn't care about you and your feelings. If he apologizes and means it then I would let it go and tell them if you are friends next year you would expect more than he gave.

Thank you again for trusting me with your problem.