TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

What to do about suspicious behavior suggesting an affair

Customer Question

My wife has had a couple of affairs during our marriage. One with with the priest at our church and the other was on the internet and phone with an old high school classmate. There have been other very suspicious behaviors at times such as going to work very early and staying late even on a Friday night, dressing sexy, going to get her nails done and coming back 2 to 3 hours later. Because of this, I have checked her email on occasion and most recently found one that a girl friend sent about a special Christmas   gift that you can make and her response was "I wish it were Christmas soon, Do you think lovers would like them?" There have been other suspicious messages in the past too, but she seems to code them to not divulge too much. An example to another friend "Guess where I am? I am getting too old for this?" When I confront her she denies and I really don't have any solid proof.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long have you been married?

-Other than the two times you know about how many times do you think she has cheated?

-Do you love your wife? Do you think she loves you?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.