Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Could it be that hes just puttung me off from seeing him

Hi, I have been in a relationship with a guy for about 10 months now. He talks to me almost daily,but we have not seen one another for 6 weeks. He tells me we will see each other then,when the time comes he changes his mind and the waiting to see him starts all over again. He says it''s because he is stressed a lot and things bother him,but talking to me helps him feel better. My question is how do I deal with this,and really know what to think?
Answered via Just Answer Chat.

Hello Kayla,

We can continue to talk here...

Why did you say he wouldn't like that?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The reason he would not like me just showing up with out him knowing is because,he has trouble with that in past realationships that he has ended, I have asked him if he wanted this to end his answer was no. But I don't know what to think of it now,maybe stress can do this,this is what I wonder.

What kind of work does he do? and you said, he said that he's stressed because of his past....can you explain?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
He works with handycap adults. He was married his wife left him,and he said it hurt him a lot,since then he has had trouble dealing with his feelings,also a few not so good relationships,he seems to have a problem with getting really close to anyone.But he says I'm different and that he trusts me.

It's understandable when people have been hurt that they hold on to those emotions, sometimes for a very long time. However, you have been seeing him now for 10 months, and it seems a little strange that after all this time, he now decides that he's stressed. Maybe he has more feelings for you now than he expected and is starting to get cold feet, or it could be that he's having second thoughts about the relationship itself.

It kind of leaves the decision in your hands, do you hang in there or do you give up, maybe thats what he's trying to see. So, decide on how much longer you are willing to wait. Two weeks? Four weeks? Another six weeks? Be sure to let him know that you are not happy being away from him this long and assure him that you are not going to hurt him. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more