KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

How can I improve conversation with my girlfriend

My girlfriend always tells me I''m too quiet and don''t say much to her, and that I talk to everyone but her. What is causing that and how do I cure it?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. By the way, it would help me to know:

-What are your ages?

-How long have you been dating?

-Are you nervous around her?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: I'm 27 and she's 26, we've been seeing one another on and off for the last year plus. Nervous could be it, but when we first started chatting I found we'd spend hours literally on the phone.

It just seems sometimes when I call her I'm always wondering if things are OK between us, and I find I don't have a lot to say, I stutter sometimes in getting my points out. And as I also said I talk to others more than I do her.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your replyCustomer

If you are wondering about the relationship the best thing to do is to be honest with her and ask her if things are okay and if she says they aren't then you should ask her to explain why she thinks they aren't. A year is not that long to be dating someone especially if it's been off and on depending on how off it's has been. You both are still in the learning each other stage. Ask her to be patient while the two of you try and work this out. Is there a reason why you find it easier to talk to other people than your girlfriend? Is she judgmental or does she get uncomfortable when you talk to her? The nervousness may be due to the fact that you have had an on again off again relationship and you aren't sure when the next off again will occur.

If you love and care about her you really should find out where things are and try to talk to her more, I'm sure she doesn't care that you stutter sometimes as long as you are talking to her. She just wants you to be able to communicate with her and not have to go to other people. You may have a trust issue and this is what makes you unsure about your relationship. You may not trust the relationship enough to have trust in it. How often have you broken up and gotten back together? That could tell us a little more about why you wonder if the relationship is okay.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have read your response and it all sounds like the same words I've been getting, so thank you anyway.