Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

My boyfriend recently told me he definately does not want ...

Customer Question

My boyfriend recently told me he definately does not want to have children. We went out for 9 months two years ago & recently got back together again at his request.    We both care about each other a lot, but it''s not "big love" for either of us. I am 38 years old & not keen on closing the door entirely on the possibility of children. I''m concerned that if I leave John in pursuit of a new partner who wants children, I''m putting unreallistic time pressure on any new relationship & potentially losing the sweet man I have. Alternatively, I may resent my current partner & reject the fact that I didn''t act to change the path of my life when I had the chance.Can someone help me put some perspective on this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Bellie,

If you are interested in having children, or even entertaining the thought, you already know where John stands, so unless there is a possibility of changing his mind, then you know there's no opportunity there. You've even mentioned that it's not a 'big love' for either of you, which gives you a secondary reason to move on, at least for now. I say at least for now because if you got back together now, it's possible that a couple years from now, you and John may try again. It's hard to say that leaving what you already have for something that is unknown is the right thing to do, but you do know that you might want children, and you also know that it's not something he's interested in. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Chase,

I'm new to this service & would like to chat further with you - can you advise how this works? If I forward payment now, do I lose the right to continue discussion on this thread?

Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Bellie,

I have many clients here who I deal with on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. If you accept, you will still be able to open this question and post to it for as long as you wish, and about whatever you wish. If you want to keep topics separate, you can always open another question. If you ever have a question I cannot help with I will refer you to someone I know can help. You may accept as many answers as you like, that is completely up to you, and your satisfaction with my work.

Please do let me know if you want to talk more. I am at your service.

Warmly

Chase