Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I feel my wife is having or had a affair. Gut feeling, way ...

Customer Question

I feel my wife is having or had a affair. Gut feeling, way to many business trips out of town compared to last year. More meetings on her days off. More time working late at work. Distant , moody ect... I asked her if she was having an affair, she denied it over and over again. She said I was crazy. She wouldn''t go to counseling until I said we should get a divorce. Then she said fine. My wife is a doctor who can get called out during all hours of the night. I''ve been trying to rebuild our marriage by having lunch with her and talking. Last night after the kids and I joined her at the hospital. We came home and she was very mad that we went in with her. I told her I didn''t trust her. I then asked her if she would consider taking a lie detector test. She went off. Crazy mad and crying.I found her in our living room behind the sofa in a fetal rocking position crying and asking for her mommy. She then proceeded to scub herself down in the shower. Please tell me what you think is going on
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is she having/had a affair. and do her actions exibit guilt and remorse
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

When did all of this start happening? I will tell you this, the behavior she exhibited tonight is very indicative of rape. It's atypical of what rape victims will do. Is it like her to call for her mother? You are going to have to sit down with her, perhaps with your family doctor, or perhaps speak to a rape counselor, maybe even at some point the police may have to be involved. Maybe it's someone on the job that is forcing her into a situation, or something that happened when she was working late one night. Regardless of what it is, she has to come clean and tell you what's going on. The behavior she exhibited speaks volumes, but I wouldn't necessarily expect cheating, although if she feels extremely guilty about it, it could. She cannot go on with this type of behavior with the kids around, so, sit her down and ask her to come clean. Are you willing to forgive her if she did cheat? If so, tell her that. Please don't hesitate to respond if you want to talk more.

Chase

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello bruin,

Thank you for the accept. Did you talk to her? Did she say what was wrong?

Chase