Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 13 YRS & WE HAVE ...

ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 13 YRS & WE HAVE 1 SON TOGETHR. NOW XXXXX XXXXX SR (THE FATHER) DOESN'T WANT TO DO NOTHING FOR HIS SELF, AS FAR S RYING TO GET OUR SON OUT OF PROTECTIVE SERVICE. I'VE DONE EVERYTHING IN MY PACKAGE THAT I'M SUPPOSE T DO BUT YET IT SEEMS LIKE I'VE STILL GOT TO WAIT TO GET MY KIDS. THE COURT ORDERED HIM TO GET A JOB, HE HASN'T DONE THAT YET, AND ALL HE DOES IS GOES OVER HIS BEST FRIENDS HOUSE CIDA AND CHILL OVER THERE AND DRINK LIKE A FISH ALL DAY LONG.HEGET'S ON MY NERVES CAUSE HE ACTS LIKE HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL. HE'S SLIGHTLY RETARTED CAUSE HE HAD MENIGIDISE WHEN HE WAS BORN FROM HIS MOTHER CAUSE SHE USED TO SMOKE CRACK WHEN SHE WAS CARRING HIM WHEN SHE WAS 13 YRS OLD. BUT HIS MOM DIED 2 YRS AGO AND HIS GRANDMOTHER RAISED IM SINCE HE WAS A BABY. HIS GRANDMOTHER DIED LAST YEAR AN IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME WE GET INTO IT OR SOMETHING HE ALWAYS THROWS UP IN MY FACE DON'T BE TALKING TO ME LIKE THAT YOUR NOT MY MOMMA OR GRANDMA
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello ts,

What are your ages?

Why do you stay with him if he treats you this way?

Do you have friends you can walk with?

Are you close with your family?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'M 43 YRS OLD.
HE'S 38 YRS OLD

I DON'T KNOW I GUESS BECAUSE IT'S LOVE OR SOMETHING, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO WHAT I DO.

MY FRIENDS DON'T STAY BY ME AT ALL.AND I DON'T HAVE A CAR TO GET AROUND OR ANYTHING.
IF I HAD TRANSPORTATION THEN I WOULD LEAVE AND GO TO BALLYS.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'M 43 YRS OLD.
HE'S 38 YRS OLD

WELL I USED TO BE CLOSE WITH MY KIDS BUT SINCE MY 2 YOUNGEST ONES HAVE BEEN IN FOSTER CARE THEN THE 2 OLDEST ONES ARE ACTING FUNNY AS HELL NOW.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Msts,

Love doesn't mean having to take care of him like he's another one of your children. You have to at some point look at the relationship and ask

• what are you getting out of the relationship
  • what is he getting out o the relationship
  • what are the good things about the relationship
  • what are the bad things about the relationship
  • how do you want to improve your life in the next 6 mos
  • is he going to be willing to help you meet your goals

You have to be honest and decide whether or not it's worth it to stay in this relationship. Maybe it's time to think about moving on if he's not willing to make any changes, especially when these changes have so much to do with getting your children back. Even when we can't make the best decisions for ourselves, we need to try and make the best decisions for our children.

As far as the exercising. You didn't gain the wight in one day, and you can't lose it in one day. Start out by walking, maybe walk from the door to the corner and back once a day, just to start out with. Talk to your doctor, ask how they can help you get on the right track. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues