Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

why do i still dream about my high school boyfriend

Customer Question

i dream about my high school boyfriend every at least 3 nights out of the week . this been going on now ! since i left high school . i have dreams that he is trying too find me too but we can not find each other . we were very close too each other but the reasons why ? at lease one good reanson why ? we broke up was because his x-girlfriend and , this guy that i was madly in love with at the same time so ! it really never work out that great because of the people that got in our way . so ! why ? do i still have these dreams about him since i left high school ? and , i just woke up with a dream abouth him too .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hi Mic,

What is your age?

How long has it been since you've been in touch with him?

Are you in a relationship now?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my age is 34 now ! never since high school , and , no ! i am in a relationship now ! .
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Miclyo,

It is not uncommon to dream of past loves. Especially when the memories of that person are pleasant or remind us of a more simple time in our lives. High school is a time that many people remember strongly because its a time when we experienced so many new things at a time when we were just old enough to understand and deal with it without the responsibility of being an adult.

As adults, especially when our lives and/or relationships are not what we think or wish they can be, we start to think back to a time when everything seemed happy or simpler and we remember the feeling of first being in love, or the first person who made us feel special or loved. We compare that years ago love with the love we have now and sometimes it seems better.

The important thing to remember is that the same person you are dreaming about is an adult just like you, they've gotten older like you, and they can be experiencing some of the same problems and issues that you and your friends and associates are experiencing as well. Remember that you're not just dreaming about your ex, but you're dreaming about a time that you may remember as being innocent, fun, exciting, all things that you may feel are missing from your life right now.

The best thing is to do something different with your life. Take a class, teach a class, pick up a new hobby, go on a trip, anything that will get you excited about life again. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
but , why is this all the time ever since i got out of high school and , i did have fun the most in high school but , why ? would this have too do with the fun times ?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

It can mean that you are longing for those carefree fun times again. It's important not to let work, family, life build up on you so badly that you are not enjoying your life. If you are not enjoying your life, your dreams have a way of giving you a message telling you what you want or need in your waking life. This may have nothing at all to do with your ex, and everything to do your desire for a more, fun, happy, carefree time.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
but , why do i regreat it .
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

what do you regret?

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello miclyo,

Did you see my last question?

Chase