Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Im confused

Customer Question

I know Sonny for a year now! We both are coworkers and we become friends! He was in a relationship for 2 years and his girlfriend left him last year in August!
My last relationship was almost 4 years ago!
I'm confused with him because we started sleeping together since 2 months!
I told him about my feelings for him and he said that he could think that we could grow! I should not rush! He also said that he thinks I'm not open more up to him and that I hide into myself!
Yesterday I had to promise him that we're going to be liftime friends and we talk at least once in a month!
I don't know if this could lead into a relationship? or is it better just to be friends? I think he just has feelings for me as a friend!
I told him that I have feelings for him but that I didn't want to have them for him and he asked me why I'm going backwards?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

hello dfc

Once you start sleeping with someone, it can be difficult to figure out where things are going because the emotions are so high and the passion gets in the way. Although he thinks that you don't open up to him or hide into yourself, I think that you should stay that way unless he gets into a relationship with you, because those are things you save for you significant other not someone you are sleeping with. It seems like he wants the best of both worlds....he wants your body and your mind, but without the work and commitment, and thats not fair. He says that your going backwards, but sleeping together before deciding what kind of relationship this is, is going backwards to. I know that you really care for him, and you probably want to stay involved, even if it means just physically, but you'll want to hold back on your feelings unless he's willing to talk about his feelings as well.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

I noticed you posted your question again. Did you want to talk about what my response was? Were you unsatisfied with my answer? Were you able to view my answer?