Dr.Rich
Dr.Rich, PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Experience:  M. S in Counseling (Long Island University); Juris Doctor; Mediator for Courts in NYC and L.A., CA
3071004

I've been at an exciting new job for almost six months

Customer Question

I've been at an exciting new job for almost six months now. I thought i was going to do well, but i'm not. I never recieve any feedback on my performance. I work with 12 women all in different departments. They never interact with me at all. I find it difficult to get their attention. I work in an office by myself. I'm so miserable. I love the job, but I feel invisible at work. It's really getting to me now. I work with two other women in my department. My female supervisor and another lady. The supervisor chats with my co-worker all the time, they get along well. When it comes to me she always seems to be angry with me. My co-worker is given more tasks than me, and I'm so jealous. I've tried to be funny, goofy and rude, just to get attention. I feel my work isn't done fast enough and that upsets me. I heard my supervisor say that her and my co-worker are fast workers, and I'm just very through. I've been going home depressed every night.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.Rich replied 8 years ago.

You need to sit down with your supervisor and tell her how you feel and ask for a performanec evaluation. If she won't do that, or if her evaluation does not match your own assessment of your work, then it's time to move on. Just make sure your conversation is pleasant so you can get a good recommendation for your next job.

Rich