TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My husband says Im a very cruel person....and ...

Customer Question

My husband says I''m a very cruel person....and that I don''t spend enough time with him. I work and go to school at night. After 9 years, I''m finaly getting my degree in Business Management after having my daughter. I''m very sad that he''s putting me down like crazy. My husband is a carpenter and he has not had a job in months.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Sk,

Why does he call you cruel?

How long have you been married?

Do you think you're cruel?

What is your question?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: All of sudden he calls me cruel the meanest person ever, that I don't spend time with him, that my routine is to come home, read/ work on homework, take care of the kids, take a shower and relax before bedtime. I've been married to my husband for 3 years now and we've been together almost 11 years. He states that he puts all of first and that nobody thinks about his feelings and yes, I can understand that b/c myself and my kids are busy with school, work and homework and my husband feels left out. I just want to know what to do. He wants me to change or else he's going to leave me. He's brining up past things that should stay in the past and it makes me bring up past things as well and we both get angry and nothing get accomplished. I feel like my marriage is going to end soon or that he will go out there and cheat on me. I love my husband b/c he's a loving, caring and understanding and supportive. But I sometimes feel resentful b/c I work and go to school and pay all the bills in the house and I'm taking care of a family of 4. It's very hard and I don't know what else to do with my relationship.