TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I was in a relationship with a married man who left ...

Customer Question

I was in a relationship with a married man who left his wife, filed for divorce, asked me to marry him, moved in with me and my children, and then the day before his divorce was to be finalized left and went back to his wife. He did not help pay any bills while living with me while continuing to lead me to believe we would be married. Is it possible for me to get any compensation to help pay for rent, utility bills, and other expenses incurred while he resided with me under false pretenses?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Lost,

Do you want to talk about the relationship or just the legal aspect of it or both?

Chase