Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My wife (weve been married less then a year now) has

Customer Question

My wife (we''ve been married less then a year now) has been spending alot of time with another man lately. We''re 7 years apart, and the man she''s been hanging with is only a year older then her. My wife is still in school, which is where she met the guy, while I work a 9-5 job. Her sleep habits are reverse of mine as well, she''ll often stay up to 4 or 5 in the morning, while I''m usually asleap by midnight. She''ll often lay in bed with me though till I fall asleap. But she stays up all night talking with this other guy. It feels as if she''s trying to hide her conversations from me. I''ve seen a few glimpses from the conversations, where he told her "sleep well and dream of me so we can do whatever we want to," to which she sent gushing replies to. I''ve also tell him "wo ai ni" which is chinese for I love you (the guy is chinese.   and about how comfy he is to lay on. Every time I try to talk to her she gets very defensive that I don''t trust her. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Ernie,

What are your ages?

Are you and your wife chinese?

Where did the two of you meet?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I am 25, my wife is 19. We are both American. We meet through a friend of hers, I was over fixing her friends computer and I met her then.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

How comfortable he is to lay on? How can you trust your wife when she tells another man how comfortable he is to lay on? She's also telling someone she recently met that she loves them? There's definitely something not right, and if she's not doing anything then she shouldn't have a problem showing you her emails or other communications with him. If there is something going on, then she needs to be open with you and tell you, so that you can both decide how to move on from that point. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your response. What would you recommend for a next step? I don't know if sitting down with the 2 of them would be wise, or try to get into marriage counselling, or if there is another option...