TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My husband is having an affair and refuses to go to ...

Customer Question

My husband is having an affair and refuses to go to counselling. He is still seeing this other woman and has moved into another room in our house. He ignores me and is going out on his own. What will I do? I am hurting and cannot believe he is treating me like this. We are only married 3 years.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello ffoley,

Can you give me a little more info about what's going on?

How old are the two of you?

When did the affair start?

Did he ever cheat on you before?

Do you have children?

Has he said what he wants to do?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: wE ARE MARRIED 3 YEARS, AND IN JANUARY 2008 HE TOLD ME HE DIDNT LOVE ME ANYMORE AND THAT HE ISNT HAPPY. I AM 32 AND HE IS 34 AND HE HASNT HAD AN AFFAIR BEFORE AS FAR AS I KNOW. I KNOW HIM 13 YEARS AND WE HAVE NO CHILDREN. HE WON'T TALK TO ME AND HE IS LIVING IN A SEPARATE ROOM AND GIVING ME THE SILENT TREATMENT. CAN I GET HIM OUT OF OUR HOUSE?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello ffoley

Do you want to talk about the relationship or do you want to talk about your legal rights?

What is your city/state?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: I am living in Ireland but i dont think it is possible to save our marriage as he has done nothing in the past two weeks (since i found out about the affair) to try and save it. So at this stage I need to know my legal rights. Thanks