Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

dated my gf for6 months. met her when she was a waitress in ...

Customer Question

dated my gf for6 months. met her when she was a waitress in a restaurant. 1 month into the relationship, she got a job working in a bar

i told her when she working in the restaurant, and then again when she moved to the bar, that i didnt want to come into where she worked, because i would be uncomfortable. the only time i went into the bar was when she went in to check it out to see if she wanted to work there.

the whole time we dated, i never went in to the bar besides that one time. i was also gone for 6 weeks in the middle of the relationship. due to the fact that she had to work on the weekends, we never got to go out together. we spent a lot of time together, but it was always just us. she would occasioanlly ask me what i was doing for the night, on weekends, and i would tell her that me and my friends would probably go out to a bar for a while. she would also tell me sometimes she could get me deals at her bar, but i again would tell her i didnt want to come in.

because of this, we didnt really meet e3ach others friends. a lot of her friends were made through working at the bar with the other waitress's. i thought that it may bother her that i didnt come in, so i asked her if it did. she said 'no, i just think its wierd.' i then told her that it would be wierd for me to have her wait on me and my friends and that i didnt want her to have to do that. she replied by saying that it made her happy that i didnt want her waiting on us.

do you see this bar issue as a possible reason for her breaking up with me. maybe not because i wouldnt go in, but because of the fact that we didnt really have a social life together, never met each others friends? if she wanted me to come in, would she have directly told me to do so. i would always ask her to take a night off, and she said she couldnt because she needed the money. yet, 3 weeks after we broke up, she took off a whole weekend to go to a wedding in vegas

thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.