GauravMD
GauravMD,
239748

I HAVE BEEN DATING MY BOYFRIEND FOR 6 MONTHS AND WE JUST ...

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN DATING MY BOYFRIEND FOR 6 MONTHS AND WE JUST RECENTLY CELEBRATED OUR 1ST VALENTINES TOGETHER. WE BOTH HAD TO WORK SO I KNEW THAT WE WOULD NOT HAVE A SO CALLED "ROMANTIC" EVENING. HOWEVER, I WAS EXPECTING A NICE CARD OR SOME EXPRESION OF HOW HE FELT. HE DID COOK DINNER FOR ME THAT HE PLANNED AND HE GOT ME NICE SILVERWARE THAT I HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR MY NEW HOME. BUT NO CARD.HE SAID THAT HE DONT DO CARDS THAT HE LIKES TO WRITE LETTERS TO EXPRESS WHAT HE FEELS. HE STATED THAT HE HAD A ROUGH WEEK AND HADNT HAD A CHANCE TO WRITE IT YET. HE SAID HE WOULD GO HOME AND WRITE IT THAT EVENING. KNOWING HE HAD A ROUGH DAY AT WORK AND A LONG DAY AHEAD OF HIM THE NEXT DAY I TOLD HIM NOT TO WORRY ABOUT WRITING IT THAT NIGHT BUT HE COULD GIVE IT TO ME LATER. THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE MENTIONED IT A COUPLE TIMES AND HE HAS SAID MAYBE HE IS WORKING ON IT AND CHANGES THE SUBJECT. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY HE SAID HE WOULD AND HASNT. HOW DO I BRING THIS UP WITHOUT BEING PUSHY OR NEEDY?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  GauravMD replied 8 years ago.
Maybe he is unable to find the right things that he wants to say in that card.
Maybe he forgot the card and made this excuse up at the spur of the moment!
I believe that this alone should not be something that ought to be a major cause of concern in your relationship.
You need to move on beyond this point, especially if he cooked dinner for you! His way of expressing love is likely different then yours, and accepting him for what he is, should be the way forward,
as long as he cares, forget about these small things
regards
Dr. Gupta