Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

so my ex had recently been calling and texting things in ...

Customer Question

so my ex had recently been calling and texting things in the middle of the night so i called him and asked if he wanted to get toghehter and talk he wants to hang out but then says i don't want a girlfriend i guess trying to say there was nothing to talk about , this caught me off guard and i explained that i did not want to be with him either. so we are supposed to hang out but i was lieing i guess he wants to have his cake and eat it to but i really want him to commint to me how can i achieve this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Jenna

How long were the two of you together?

How old are the two of you?

Why did the two of you break up?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: a year and a half

22 and he is 27

we had broke up before we got in a big fight this time
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

What did you fight over?

What were some of the issues?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think he thought i was needy and he would just be really mean sometimes that what that fight stared with him saying awful things to me and then it just exscalated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ARE YOU ABLE TO ANSWER?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Jenna

Basically you can't make a man commit to you if he doesn't want to. If he thinks that he can come in and out of your life and get what he wants and still be "friends" then of course he will do that, if you let him. The key is to stay busy, act like you don't need to be around him all the time, if he calls you, don't always answer, or be the first to get off the phone, telling him that you 'have something to do'. If he really cares about you then eventually he will start to wonder what's going on with you and why you are not showing the same interest you once showed and he will become the one who is chasing. Remember that you teach people how to treat you, no on can treat you badly without your permission and that's a fact.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So are they any little tricks I can do besides not calling to spark his interest?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.