Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

I have this boyfriend that is on 3rd shift. We been ...

I have this boyfriend that is on 3rd shift. We been together for 3 years now. I work on 1st Shift. I only get to see my boyfriend at work. he lives with his son. He told me after his son get a descent paying job, he is going to move in with me. I told him if he moves in( my house) with me now, I would only let him pay for light and gas bill. I told him he could still pay rent at the apartment, but he told me he did t want to do that. Why does he really not want to move in, yet.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello again Queen

It could be that he's not feeling ready to move in with you yet. It could also be that he would be too proud to just pay the smaller bills but would want to fully pull his weight with the rent and all. The best thing to do is ask him why he doesnt want to do that, and what happens if his son doesn't get a better paying job in 6 months? 12 months? 18 months? Then what?

Chase