KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

Am I really meant to be alone.

No Comment Added
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is your age?

-How long have you been alone?

-How are your relationships when you are in one?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am 23 years old. I mean I have family to turn to all the time when I want to talk to somebody about my problems or chat with. Alot of disrespecting and verbal abuse from me and the other person in my so call friendships. Then I am never outgoing, they usually literally force me to go out with them. I never had like a romantic relationship cause I felt I never am able to support that person emotionally. It is easy for me to be there for the person physically, but emotionally is a total different thing. Plus, I am also afraid of having sex. I am a very peaceful person if leave me alone like you would a fox. If you mess with me I will try to walk or even run away. I try to avoid things to when I can. Don't like being around people for certain amount time, makes me feel uncomfortable. But when I was child going to all these psychologist the only they told me and my parents were you have to talk to people. They didn't understand how hard it was for me. I tried to talk to people, instead I would stumble over my words or I couldn't express myself the way I really wanted too. As a child going through school I got into alot of trouble and made fun cause I like being alone. Some kids thought I was like those Colubine boys but I was nowhere near that. I think I have an alright sense of humor for a loner. One thing I do know is I had a hard keeping people around me. So pretty much that is it. Please can you keep this between me and you cause I want another opinion but also I am embarassed about doing this.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Customer

It's sad how people misjudge other people simply because they do not understand or even try to understand that person they would rather make fun of them or bully them instead of taking time to get to know them. There are support groups out there that have people just like you in them and there are even online support groups. It's hard meeting people when you have been a loner for so long but it's not the end of the world for you. Some people out grow that but there are also people that come accustom to being that way and just can't get out to meet others because they aren't use to being around alot of other people besides family, close friends, and associates. Start by trying to find a support group in your area or in the surrounding areas around you this will allow you to see that you are not alone which you may be feeling right now because you are so misunderstood, the group will show you that there are others dealing with this same type of thing and may even give you ideas and ways to break out of your shell.

Don't be ashamed of who you are just embrace it and try to get out and meet other people and if you start out with people just like you this will build your self esteem and make it possible for you to realize that your not weird or strange or like those Columbine boys, you are just you. There are alot of people who are too shy and too introverted to get out and meet people until they realize they are not alone in the way they feel, you just haven't met anyone that is like you yet. Maybe the group can even allow you to meet people of the opposite sex that you could find things that you have in common and possibly make plans to get together and go to a movie or dinner or even consider getting out in the dating scene. The people in the support group will not laugh at you because they would be basically laughing at themselves also.

You have to start somewhere why not start with a support group and if you don't feel comfortable meeting with real people perhaps look online for online support groups that deal with this kind of things also. Below I listed some online support groups that deal with loners and people who have issues with meeting other people:

I Am a Loner | A Group for Support, Chat, Experiences, Personal Stories, Forums, Help, Discussion and Advice at Experience Pr...

Loving Life as a Loner

If you need more help or have anything to add just click the reply button it is free until you are satisfied with my answer and then you can click the green accept button so that I can get credit for my answer and also don't forget to leave feedback on my answer. Good Luck to you!

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com