Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
1042561

what is the percentages that survive after one year of separation

No Comment Added
Category: Relationship
Expert:  stw2361 replied 6 years ago.

Farmboy,

Percentage of what? Separation from what?

Please answer so the other experts and I can get to work on your question!

-Dr. Scott W, MD

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Scott W's Post: marriage separation
Expert:  stw2361 replied 6 years ago.

Farmboy,

Let me send your question to the experts in this particular category. Please be patient while they work!

-Dr. Scott W, MD

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to stw2361's Post: I would like to know the percentage of marriages that make it after a year of separation
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Farm

Is this question about you? Are you seperated?

Are you male or female?

How long were you married?

How old are the two of you?

Why did you split?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am 48 she is 46 we have been married for 9 years, Indon alot of traveling and she has been home alot she has a boy friend that she loved and he helped her pull away from booze and get her life on track. I drink alot and just slowed way down. we are worlds apart. our family home is sold and we live separately. What are our chanches have a marriage again, She agreed to go to a marriage counslor but i think we are spinning our wheels here. what are our chanches
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Farmboy,

What it really boils down to is love. I know it sounds simplistic, but I'm not talking about just loving someone, I'm talking about loving someone 'enough'. Ask yourselves,

• Do you love each other enough to make each other your priorities?
  • Do you love each other enough to give it everything for a second chance?
  • Do you love each other enough to say good bye to bad habits?
  • Do you love each other enough to communicate, cooperate, compromise?
  • Do you love each other enough to be what that person needs?
  • To renew your original vows and mean them?

Counseling is a good first step. An open heart, and open mind and believing in one another is just as important if not just as necessary. It will take two people who once loved each other enough to get married to think about where they want to be for the rest of their life and who they want to share it with. It is possible. There are no guarantees and no amount of statistics could give you the answer to your particular puzzle. Just know, anything is possible.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Warmly

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Farm,

One of my fellow experts made a good point about the drinking. If she (and you) have a drinking problem, the reconcilliation will not work if you do not stop drinking also. Slowing down will only pull her ack in or make her realize you haven't stopped and she leaves for good.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ms Chase I am the other man in the relationship. She Told me she has to figure out who she is and that her head is spinning, She said in order to move on she either haas to work on the marriage she is in or to end it. She aked for time to be by herself and think. I am going crazy i love her so huch and we have been through so much together.I helped her quit drinking , become strong and stand on her own two feet. What should I do, I believe they are in a disfunctional marriage that will never work. Sort of the child that looks for the acceptance of the parent but the parent is messesd up What should i do i am in turmoil
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

now I'm confused. were you pretending to be the husband? Does she live with you?

Who is the 'child', who is the 'parent'?

Is her husband interested in working things out?

Chase