TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Ive been dating a guy now for 2 full months. He

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I''ve been dating a guy now for 2 full months. He has not told his family about me. I want to know how long a couple should date before it is appropriate to tell the fam? Should I be worried or offended? If not, how long before I should suspect something is awry? Also, for what reasons may he be keeping me on the down low?
Background info...
He is: 30yrs, 1/2 Armenian & 1/2 Lebanese, family oriented (his immediate family consists of a 27yr old sister, mother, & father), not keen on telling others of his personal life, only a couple of his friends know about me (I have not met them)
I am: 27yrs, caucasion, am an only child, don''t know my father, don''t speak with my mother for several legitimate reasons, most of my friends know of him
We: only see each other once/wk, he has only stayed over for one night
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Fab

Have you asked him why he hasn't told his family about you? If so, what was his response?

How did you meet him?

Have you been intimate?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry but my question is irrelevant now. I have addressed my concerns with him tonight. He is very dedicated to his family and has too much responsibility to have a girlfriend. So, I had to cut all ties w/him.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear it. Trust that you made the best decision for yourself. Feel free to ask for me by name if you should ever want to talk again.