Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

If you are studying body language, what does it mean when ...

Customer Question

If you are studying body language, what does it mean when someone (a male)is frequently brushing lint/hair etc off of another person(a female, just friends)?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Is this someone that you're dating or someone you think may like you?

How old are the two of you?

The more info you can give me the better I can help

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: He is my dance partner (ballroom). He is 40 years old, I am 54. We have been partering for a little over a year, and will begin competing soon. He has a girlfriend, with whom I am very friendly.
He has recently developed a habit where he is quite often brushing a hair off my shoulder, wiping an eyelash off my face, picking at a piece of lint on my shirt etc. I didn't think anythng about it except that yesterday i didn't see any lint....seemed odd.... just wondering if there was any meaning behind this new behavior..or maybe I should buy a lint brush:)
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Lol, well I would give it more time. It could be a nervous habit where his perfectionist behavior might start to kick in since you will be competing soon. It may just be his nervousness or worry that's causing it. I wouldn't read anything into it just yet. You might playfully say to him "do I need to buy a lint brush? you've been brushing me off a lot lately, are you trying to tell me something?" laugh, and see what he says.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more