TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

My question is I am a woman 41 years old. I was

Customer Question

My question is I am a woman 41 years old. I was married for 10 years had two wonderful children. The divorce was like a death to me. I was divorced in 1996, since the I have been in and out of relationships. The last one lasted 9 years, he was 9 years younger , I felt he needed his own children and a marriage. After That relationship, I feel I finally met the man of my dreams, I feel he is my soul mate, my problem I am Miserable!! all the time even when I don''t want to be. Between us we have 4 kids the same ages. I do all the cleaning and cooking I love our children very much, but I act like I''m always in a bad mood, I want to cry all the time. Why do I feel this way, when I should be the happiest that I''ve ever been? I have had some depression, right now I''m on Wellbutrin 150mg daily. In fact I have been on several things, but nothing seems to help. Is this medical or just all in my head? HELP!This has put strain on my relationship now, he commented the only time we get along is when we are having sex. This made me feel very upset and I just don't know how to take that comment! I feel that I show him I love him all the time, I enjoy being with him but I can't stop this mood I'm in all the time, I do believe at some point it will ruin this relationship.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Milo,

Do both of you work?

Does he help with any of the household work?

Do you live together now?