Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

I reunited with my childhood sweetheart after 30 yrs. We ...

Customer Question

I reunited with my childhood sweetheart after 30 yrs. We were talking about a future together. He told my dad that he really loves me. We had an argument one day and four days later he brought all my stuff back to my house. A week later I went to his house to try and talk. He couldn''t seem to give me a straight answer as to why he was breaking up with me. One month later I got an email from him calling me his love and his all. He says he still loves me as he always has. I don''t get it. He is in the process of divorcing and was supposedly doing it due to his feelings for me and desire for a future with me. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. He is 49 and I am 47.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hi Passion,

Did he tell you that those are the reasons he is divorcing?

Have you asked him what happened a month ago?

Do you want to be with him?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: He told me his divorce had been a long time coming but that I prompted his final decision. All I know is that his mom was in the hospital with cancer. The divorce was supposedly started. He was on a deadline at work and I was under alot of stress also. Then we had the argument. We both said things we shouldn't have.He broke up with me and then sent me that email one month later professing me to be his love and his all yet still said goodbye even in the email. I still love him and don't want to be without him.I thought he was my soulmate and that we would marry.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Passion,

There's no reason why you can't contact him either by email or calling. Try asking him out for coffee if you are comfortable talking about it face to face, its always best.

Let him know what you've told me, that you were both under a lot of stress, and things were said that were not meant. Let him know that the two of you have a lot of history together, too much to just throw away and tell him how you feel about him. Its not very often you find someone to love, someone who you consider a soul mate, and to just let it go because of a one time argument. If he says no, then at least you know where you stand, but you'll never know if he'll say yes, if you don't talk to him.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already sent him several emails and tried to call him suggesting that we sit and talk. I have also gone to point of crying and telling him that I was willing to do whatever it took to get things right between us. I was willing to work on whatever I needed to within myself to improve things between us. I sent him ecards. It has been some weeks now that have gone by and no response. It is hard to believe that someone could profess such depth of love for me, yet drop me over one argument. I cannot understand him at all. Was this a lie on his part? Why would he hurt me like this?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Passion,

When someone cuts us off, with no reason and no explanation, you can only assume that they have lied in some way. Perhaps he has gone back to his wife or perhaps there's someone else in his life. What people don't realize is that it is possible to love more than one person. So while it is very possible that he loves you, he may also love someone else. The argument may have been incidental, an excuse to end the relationship, rather than the cause of the relationship.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I agree with you. There is more going on here then meets the eye. I had no reason to believe that there may have been anyone else. Nor do I think he went back with his wife who is a very sick and disturbed individual. I think he may have done this to protect me, as his wife might have come around when she found out her mother-in-law had been in hospital being treated for cancer. Thanks for your time and your help.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

You may be right, and time will certainly tell. I'm here anytime you need to talk. Feel free to ask for me by name. Good luck with everything