KimberlyF
KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com
1572083

What are good questions to ask to know if your spouse

What are some signs to know if your spouse is cheating?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How long have you been married?

-What makes you think your spouse may be cheating?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have been together for about 5 months but her prior relationship was of one year. She says she no longer has feelings for him but when she talks about him she makes it seems like he was perfect.Or if i talk bad about him she kind of defends him.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 6 years ago.

Customer

You don't want to come right out and ask her or tell her that you think she is still seeing her ex or else that will cause tension within your relationship and may also cause fights that aren't really necessary, what you should do instead is sit down with her and ask your wife if she still has any feelings for her ex, also ask her if she regrets the break up with her ex and if she adamantly says no to both answers then all you can do is trust that she is telling you the truth and it's just a matter of he treated her well and she really has nothing bad to say about him for that reason. If you accuse her of cheating and ask her question about cheating it could have an adverse affect on the marriage and she will feel as though you do not trust her and she could resent you for that. This is a touchy situation and should be treated that way if you ask her in the way that I have said it will lessen the blow and you hopefully will still get the answers that you need but without an arguement or hard feelings. If you do not have proof of her cheating or even seeing the ex in passing then it really isn't a good idea to ask her questions about her ex and if she is cheating. A relationship is built on trust and until she gives you proof of her cheating all you can do is trust in her saying that she doesn't have any feelings for the ex but just hold the memory of the ex in good standings.

KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience: Relationship expert for almost three years with JustAnswer.com