Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

I want to know if this is the end of my relationship

I have been dating my guy for 2 years he was separated. he recently filed for divorce the day after X-mas.since then because his wife is psycho he has stayed away from my town in which she lives in. she stalks, threatens and other things, but he is not calling me either, but when I call him he returns my calls. he recently got a new phone last week and I was first to get the number, but he is not calling much do you think because she is a fruit cake this has alot to do with it or is the relationship ending. we truly care for each other. when the wife locked him up and took everything he had I bonded him out of jail twice payef for his attorney etc. need I say more.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Peazo,

You have to talk to him and ask him if that's the case. Obviously you have been there in his time of need. It may be that since he is actually/finally getting the divorce, he is feeling like a free man. You have to confront him and ask him if he wants to stay with you, or what. Even though she lives in the small town, there's no reason for him not to call you or keep in touch with you. If he truly cares for you, he won't force you to question your relationship or wonder why he's acting the way he is. I welcome your thoughts. Let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She caused him to loose his job of twenty five years, and he is crazy. and when he almost decided to go through with the divorce last year he stated he did not want to give her any bullets to hit him with? She has confronted me as well before presenting psycho. He has not even been here to visit the rest of the family, since filing. and he fears she will contest, out of spite. his mom told me he was scared of her. it was a very bad relationship where she was the agressor. He has 4 or 5 situations going on at the same time I know his son is to be sentenced to federal prison soon among other rhings, he states he is tired of living with mom, they don't get along. Is it possible I have been just placed on the backburner until some of this stress is released?
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Absolutely. However even if that is the case, he should (after two years) be able to tell you that. If you are going to be left o the back burner until his divorce goes through, that's understandable, but it should be your choice as well, not just his choice, thats where the unfairness comes in. I understand he's under a lot of stress, so you may want to wait to bring it up or wait for a proper time to bring it up. Show him support and love for now, but don't wait too long to bring it up. Let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he did explain to me because he does not trust her or anything she might pull, he cannot go on and live a normal life until he is finally divorced and has placed an injuction for protection against her, then he can come back around to the area visit his family friends and me. she told him if he ever divorce her she would hire a private investigator, so do you think if he is playing it safe here, he is going to play safe no matter where he goes as far as being seen with someone of the opposite sex? and do you belive since she is this way that she is, if she did see him with someone she may react.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Yes, he is probably playing it safe all the way around the board, if he's smart. Yes, I do believe based on what you've told me that she would react and cause him a lot of problems.

Chase

Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience: Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues