Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

Im in love with this man and I pay for everything we do.

Customer Question

Im in love with this man and I pay for everything we do. The problem is he doesnt show me the little respect I need what should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello Capster,

How old are you?

How long have you been with him?

In what ways doesn't he show you respect?

Why do you pay for everything?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: im 40 he's 32
Ive been with him about 2 yrs
He doesnt call me and let me know whats going on. He sleeps for 2 days at a time. He always has excuses like his phone is dead etc. I pay for everything cause he is always broke. I have house payments and bills and he like expects me to pay for everything. He didn't even get me a christmas card.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hi Capster,

You already know what you should do. The question I have for you is why haven't you already done it? I am going to assume you answer would be that you love him, so my next question would be, do you love yourself? My mother used to tell me that it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man, I don't necessarily agree that we can "choose" who we fall in love with, but after 2 years it may be time to have a serious talk with him or consider breaking it off. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior, if you've talked to him about these things before and he hasn't shown any effort to change, it's not likely he will. If you stay in this relationship, you will never give yourself the opportunity to meet someone who could treat you the way you should be treated. Think about it. I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.