KimberlyF, Longtime Relationship Expert
Experience:  Relationship expert for almost three years with

I am engaged, i have been with my fiance for 4 years. A ...

I am engaged, i have been with my fiance for 4 years. A few weeks ago I ran into some old friends and also my ex, they asked me to hang out with them and I did, its been very long since I have seen them I was having fun.Me and my ex started talking and alot of feelings came back, we went out on and off for almost 6 years, since we where 14 years old. He has 3 kids and is not with his ex anymore, he asked if I still had a boyfriend I told him yes, so he said that we could not be together if I still was in a relationship. The reason we broke up before was because of me, I was young and wanted to party. He did mention that I broke his heart too many times and he could not handle another heart break. Wel my fiance is in jail, he will be there for another 6 -7 months I don''t know if I should try to work something out with my ex, or should I let the past me the past??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-How long have you been engaged?

-Do you love your fiance` or are you seeing now that you have more feelings for the ex?

-Does your fiance` treat you well?

-Do you plan on seeing your ex again?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KimberlyF's Post: I have been engaged for 3 months with him for 4 years, I have a lot of love for him, he treats me well but we do have a lot of financial issues. My ex has invited me to his house to hang out and it's a whole bunch of friends there. The thing is that with my fiance I had to let go of all my friendships and it is very nice to get to hang out with them again all my friends are my ex's friends too. I don't know what exactly I am feeling I am very confused I don't know if it's just lust I have for my ex or if it's old feelings coming back. I do feel very guilty that I have been avoiding my fiance's calls, he is incarcerated so I don't see him daily which makes it easier.
Expert:  KimberlyF replied 8 years ago.

You have to be honest with not only your fiancé` but yourself as to what you want and you should use this time that your fiancé` is away to do that, but you have to respect your relationship with your fiancé` at least until you can make up your mind as to what you want. I don't see anything wrong with going to the party but you should make sure that you don't do anything with the ex that you will regret you owe him that much since he said he doesn't want to get his heart broken again, that doesn't mean that you can not be friends but you have to be able to tell the difference between friends and something more. Don't avoid your fiancé's calls that will only make him think bad thoughts as to why you are not answering his calls. If you feel you need time then maybe you should tell him honestly that you need some time to think about things.

This is a time where honesty is the best policy and that means being completely honest with yourself also. Make sure that you give yourself a fair enough chance to decide what you really want and that means weighing which one has made you happier your fiancé` or the ex. If you have something to add click reply it is free.