Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Life Coach
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience with Relationships, Sexuality, Friendship, and Family Issues

My husband has a female friend who always kisses him ...

My husband has a female friend who always kisses him on the mouth when they greet each other. I say this is inapropriate behavior. He says she greets everybody that way. I have never seen her do that to anyone else. He says I am just jealous. There may be some truth to the jealousy part but I still think it is inapropriate behavior to kiss on the mouth when you greet a man. I would not even think of doing that. Is there something wrong with my thinking on this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello June,

Was he ever intimate with her?

How old are all of you?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: He says they have never been anything but friends. He is 58 and I am 48. We actually saw her tonight by accident and she didn't kiss him. Maybe the problem has solved itself. I don't know.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 8 years ago.

Hello June,

Was she with someone else that might have prevented her from doing so? Maybe he mentioned it to her, or she noticed something from you when she did it? Either way, it's highly inappropriate, and you are not overreacting at all. I would explain to him that she is not his woman, and he has no idea where her lips/mouth have been, and its unfair to expect you to kiss him when she has put her mouth, where only yours should go. Don't accept that jealousy excuse.

I welcome your thoughts...let me know if you want to talk more