Carol
Carol, Special aptitude with people,try me
Experience:  Professional relationships counsellor, Honest answers always! Also into Psychology and Astrology

what is the average number of times married couples make love

wondering about female sex drive compared to male sex drive. On average for a couple in their 20's, how often would they make love? My husband seems to want sex very frequently whereas it would rarely cross my mind. Wondering where to compromise, I obviously love him with all my heart but I think he feels hurt due to my lack of sex drive.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Carol replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for trusting us at 'Just Answer' with your question.

A man's sex drive is usually much higher than a woman's. When young couples in their 20's get together at first they can make love five or six times a week sometimes even more. This is because they are still in the "butterfly" stages of their relationship and their hormones are extremely active but this lessens and settles down as they become more familiar with one another and they've been together over a long period of time. It all just depends on the person but on average couples in their 20's would make love 3-4 times a week.

A woman's sex drive generally is much lower than a man's, this can happen for many reasons, after the birth of a baby for example or if they are taking certain medication. Psychological problems lower sex drive too, ie depression, anxiety, stress, relationship problems with their partner, past sexual abuse or hangups from childhood. Emotions also play a big part in lack of sex drive in a woman. It's entirely understandable that when a woman is having a bad time emotionally, she may lose interest in sex.

I would suggest at this point, going to see a woman doctor at your local Family Planning Clinic. These practitioners deal with this sort of problem from women every day of the week and are excellent at spending time with you sorting it out. They are very easy going and relaxed and of course terrific at what they do. There are supposedly many "magical" remedies on the market for lack of sex drive in a woman but these haven't been proven and rarely work.

You don't say how long you've been married or whether you have any children, Have you always felt you've had a low sex drive or has this just happened recently? Is your self esteem lowCustomer If you want to open up to me some more about this love we can talk about it and discuss it more, just hit the "reply" button, it's free to do so.

I hope this helps, or if you are satisfied with my answer don't hesitate to hit the "accept" button and leave positive feedback (link below).

Regards

Carol

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Carol's Post: Thanks you so much for your answer. To give you a little more information I've been married for 2 months with no children. I'm 28,and lost my virginity to my husband last year. As a Christian my parents always advised of "no sex before marriage" which has always stuck with me.   I'm now wondering if this may be part of the problem as sex was always deemed as a "bad " thing and I've tried so hard to stay away from it for all these years. My relationship with my husband is great but at the moment this is causing major problems. It seems at the moment I can't even touch him in what I would see as a flirty way without him then geting turned on and expecting more.Is this normal? I'd love to hear your opinion on this matter Carol.
Expert:  Carol replied 7 years ago.

My parents were exactly the sameCustomer they brought me up with good morals and my husband was my first lover too. I don't think this would have anything to do with your lack of libido though, it's psychological with you, what to tell yourself is... you're married now and you and your husband are free to do whatever you want when you want with one another. Your husband just loves you to bitsCustomer he fancies you! Is that so bad? lol. YOU have power now girl! Use it to your best advantage. Now that you're married there is nothing "bad" or "dirty" about having sexual relations with your husband. Enjoy it, experiment with one another, get to know one another's bodies.

You are obviously still inexperienced regarding sex but this is natural. Why don't YOU take the initiative and surprise him, just remember no one needs to know what goes on in the bedroom, that's private between you and your husband and there's no reason why you can't experiment together. Talk about sex, ask him what turns him on and you tell him what you think would turn you on then act it out. Gradually you will lose your inhibitions and even look forward to these special times together.Wink Just remember, sex with your husband is NOT taboo but is a perfectly natural way to show your husband just how much you love him.

Expert:  Carol replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

I hope my answer has helped you in some way. If you want to discuss this some more or if you have any more questions you would like to ask about this then don't hesitate to ask me love, that's what I'm here for. Wink

Regards

Carol

Experience: Professional relationships counsellor, Honest answers always! Also into Psychology and Astrology