#1 Expert
#1 Expert, Teacher ,Parent
Experience:  Happily Married 35+ years - Parent - Teacher - Christian -
1146604

How long does it take to become a born-again virgin

Customer Question

I'm a 23 year old female who hasn't had sex for 6 months and I was wondering how long it took until I was considered a born again virgin?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  #1 Expert replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Could you explain your situation a little more?

Are you Baptist?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I am not a bapist. I was just wondering how long it took for a person to be considered a born-again virgin? Is there a process that someone has to go through?
Expert:  Lori replied 8 years ago.

Hi Sarah,

First, let me say that I was so pleased to come across your question, and I am proud of you for making this decision. There isn't any time limit or waiting period--we are human, we make mistakes. Having sex before you're ready is a mistake that can have some serious physical, emotional, and spiritual repercussions, but it's still a mistake--just like Christians make everyday in other areas of our lives. The Lord loves you and wants to bless you in your life and in your future marriage. The fact that Jesus died on the cross means that justice can be put aside in the face of grace, and grace is the undeserved forgiveness and blessings of the Lord. I'm assuming you're a born again Christian, if you are asking this question. All you have to do is pray and ask the Lord to forgive you of your past mistakes with giving up your sexual purity. Ask Him to help to cleanse your body and mind of your past imperfections in this area, and to bless you in the future with the ability to keep yourself pure for yourself, your future husband, and future children. Ask for the courage to say "no" in the face of temptation, and to keep you on a path that helps you to avoid temptation. It would be a good idea to do this with someone you trust who is in authority over you--a pastor, a parent, a close older relative, because they can help to keep you accountable. But if you can't do that, it is fine to do it by yourself. Get yourself a nice ring or necklace to wear to remind you daily of the renewed commitment you've made to yourself and the Lord. And a great book to read is And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity by Dannah Gresh. Get into some relationships with people who feel the same way you do, if you're not already. It is hard in this age to resist when we see messages everywhere that sex without commitment is okay, and there are no consequences. There are serious consequences, even if we avoid pregnancy or STD. It isn't easy, but it is possible. Feel free to write again or PM me if you have further questions or need some support or even to talk. This isn't an easy decision, but it is worth it!

Expert:  #1 Expert replied 8 years ago.

The term "born-again virgin" can several definations depending on a person's views.

A simple example would be, a decision not to be involved in any sexual activity until you get married.

Many people don't consider the term viable since they belive the term virgin is as the dictionary describes and can not be changed.

Below are several links on the subject and views of becoming a born-again-virgin.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=965171

http://www.geocities.com/thevirginclub/Secondary.htm

http://www.thebiggreen.net/article.php?id=658

Expert:  Lori replied 8 years ago.

Hi Sarah,

As the expert above stated, many people don't considered the term viable. However, as a Christian, I'm sure you have encountered many areas of your belief system that don't necessarily "jive" with the popular opinion of society at the moment. You can, however, regain your purity on a spiritual level. The Lord can and wants to renew your mind, body and spirit and give you the blessings He has for the rest of your life. This doesn't mean that your hymen will regrow, or that you will lose all memory of sex that you've had. It means that you can recommit yourself and be able to go into a committed relationship with the renewed strength and knowledge that you have made a promise to your future spouse and husband and kept it. Does this mean that you should tell your future husband that you are a virgin? No, that would be dishonest. But you can say that you screwed up in your past, as WE ALL DO, but that you ask for and received forgiveness and renewal from the Lord. There are hundreds of links similar to the first one the above expert posted for you, and if you already know your feelings on this subject, I suggest bypassing them. They could possibly make you feel worse, anger you, or make you question your resolve. We get the same sort of messages in the media, television shows, popular culture, and our peers all the time. You, of course, have that choice to make for yourself. The second link looks pretty positive. I only skimmed it, but it looks like it might have some good information you can use. Again, please feel free to post again if you have any other questions. My father is a non-denominational minister who raised three kids. I screwed up as a teenager, but I was forgiven. My brother and his wife waited until marriage, and I guarantee they don't regret it. And my sister is 22 and in a loving, dating relationships, and they will not have sex until marriage. And just in case you're wondering--my sister is absolutely gorgeous, has been in movies and on TV, and my brother is really cute (eww. . . can't believe I just said that!), and neither one of them are "geeks" outcasts, or considered "weird" by their peers. They are both very well respected and looked up to as people with integrity and resolve in their commitment. Whether you had sex once and regret it, or have done it several times over other years, the Lord not only can forgive and restore you, He WANTS to! He's waiting for you to call out to Him so that He can bless you. The Bible says "God is Love" when you ARE something, you can't be the opposite--He isn't angry with you--He loves you and knows that you're only human, and we humans love to get ourselves into a mistake! That's why He sent Jesus--so we can have mercy and grace!

Expert:  #1 Expert replied 8 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.