The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Relationship Advisor
Experience:  Natural born empath, spiritualist, clairvoyant, gifted psychic. 36 yrs - offering advice & guidance
6999

I Love You

Customer Question

We have been together a year why hasn't he said " I love you" ? I need to hear this soon. If he doesn't love me or can't express his feelings what is the point in being together?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

The truth is that there is no written relationship LAW that says a person must say "I love you" after a year into a relationship .....it can take some years before someone says "I Love You" - and then some - but, there are all kinds of love - and one who is counting the days before someone says "I love you" - may be in for a real let down and may even appear to be one who is truly unaware of what real love is....

There are many people in this world who are not ready or able to open up their heart for whatever reason known to them - but that doesn't mean that it may never happen.....why should one be on a time limit? -- one day they may be able to proclaim to another that they have love in their heart.

If you really want someone to admit that they love you when they are not ready then you may find yourself very lonely and disappointed in life - and in relationships - especially when you state "If he doesn't love me or can't express his feelings what is the point in being together?"........and you state "I need to hear this soon?"...........hon, what's the rush?

Is he abusive? Does he treat you poorly? Is he someone that hurts you deeply? If this is so, then I would say perhaps he doesn't love himself - thus, unable to love you - 

If he can't express his feelings - I can't see how this could be a determining factor - or for you to come to the conclusion that he "doesn't love you" - many people can't express their feelings but that doesn't mean they don't have the ability to love.

And, when you state that you need to hear this soon.....I can only surmise......with all due respect.......... that if you, or anyone in the world, felt love within for self...then there wouldn't be such a great need to hear it from someone else by keeping a calendar. I am sensing that there is a lack of self-esteem issue going on here.

If this particular guy friend of yours is someone that you truly care about with all your heart and soul - then why won't you give him time - just allowing him in your life and sharing good times with him should be rewarding enough for you - and you should feel blessed.

I would think that by wanting him to say "I love you" ...then he must be a great guy - after all, why would you want a guy that is mean and cruel to admit that "I love you".............go with the flow - embrace yourself - be happy that he is with you and thank the Universe for allowing him in your life.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY I LOVE YOU TO ANOTHER in order to have a good relationship - one that is filled with care and respect..out of friendship - friendship is solid - TRUE LOVE takes time to grow.....be happy and it may help to learn patience - for it seems he is worth it.....don't you? After all you want him to say "I love you"!!!!

I wish you the best.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

The Mystic Wave, Relationship Advisor
Experience: Natural born empath, spiritualist, clairvoyant, gifted psychic. 36 yrs - offering advice & guidance
Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.
 Is this his only real flaw (as you see it)?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to jon_050's Post: Everythigs else is great this is the ONLY issue I have.