The Mystic Wave
The Mystic Wave, Relationship Advisor
Experience:  Natural born empath, spiritualist, clairvoyant, gifted psychic. 36 yrs - offering advice & guidance
6999

Girlfriend with commitment issues

Customer Question

how do i react to a girlfriend who is pushing me away due to defense mechanisms? my girlfriend and I have been together for 2 months and now she is not sure she wants a relationship. she says that this happens everytime she has a relationship. things go great for a little while and then all of the sudden she feels like she is being smothered and doesn't want to be around that person. at first i didnt believe her and i thought it was just one of those its not you its me lines, but i did some research and it seems to be true. we always have a great time together and things went really well and then she just started pushing me away. i think this is due to the fact that she is afraid of being hurt. how do i react to this and make the relationship work?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  The Mystic Wave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

You should and I hope you can "react" according to the way "You" feel and wish - not the way someone else thinks you should.....

However, 2 months is a short period of time to start thinking about committment - it does take some time to get to know another - even couples that have been together for years may not know each other so very well -

Offering you merely a suggestion: you may wish to allow the relationship to grow - and allow nature to take it's course...if you are meant to be together, she will eventually come around -- Question is: are you willing to wait - even if it takes years?......that's what love and relationships are partly about - for it's not just about "one" having things go their own way.

It's not really that complicated - Certainly the majority does not like to be controlled, dictated to - forced into anything against their will (hence pushing another away)- thus, being with her, sharing things with her, enjoying...living and loving in the moment - without any expectations...this is what should be embraced!....Be Happy!.....allow things to just "Be"....

I wish you and your girlfriend the best.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: Thanks for replying Mystic Wave. I completely understand what you are saying and I had the same thoughts myself but I wanted to get another persons opinion. I think she is worth the wait but i guess the question is, what are my chances?

Greetings:

Thank you for responding.

What is her name, I will let you know what your chances are.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to The Mystic Wave's Post: stephanie
Expert:  Jessica replied 11 years ago.
Well as a fiancee myself in a committed relationship I have some ides for you as a woman who sometimes deals with the same problem. Give her some space so she can see that you still want to be with her and will do anything to please he or make her happy. I think she is scared of commitment and you may need to insure her on how your there for her when she needs to talk to someone. A woman doesnt only need a guy, she needs a best friend to be there for her that she feels comforetible with. She may then see you as someone who wont let her down. I am not giving a hundred percent on this because every girl is different, but try being her best friend. Most girls like the idea of being with their best friend because then there more confident and comforetible in the relationship.

Greetings:

Thank you for providing me with your girlfriend's name.

Just so you and other specialists are wondering why I asked for your girlfriend's name, the reason:.......if you refer to my profile, you will see that I have psychic abilities, thus I was going to look further into your question - wherein you asked "what are my chances" --  I felt that I would provide you with a psychic reading - certainly, asking someone who doesn't personally know you or your girlfriend...it seems pretty obvious to me, that your question calls for "psychic" insight. Please know that a good majority of "psychics" will ask for a person's date of birth and request other information......well, I just ask for names!

I will look into your question and will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Jessica's Post: Thank you for your insight! It is becoming clearer what I need to do.

Greetings:

Your reply to the other specialist's response leads me to believe that it's not necessary for me to look into your situation.

If you should reconsider, let me know.

I wish you the best.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave