Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

Have no picture no sound on the dvd player told that the

Customer Question

have no picture no sound on the dvd player told that the lazer beam faulty.BILL.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hello Bill,

could you tell me the make/model of the player?
Can you see the players own menu screens?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Make and model is LG RH387H
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

Do you get an error message, such as "no disc"?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
NO ERROR MESSAGE AT ALL
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
IS THE MODEL AND MAKE STILL CURRENT
Expert:  Nathan replied 14 days ago.

No it is not, this is quite an old and obsolete model at this point.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Nathan as soon as I get a report from the repairer I will email the findings .BILL.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Thanks,

but I expect that you have a failed laser, which is a normal age related failure and a wear item on these. If that is the case, it is simply not worth fixing and it is time to buy a new player.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Nathan I live in PAPUA Nuigini and to get a technician to check the dvd is almost impossible I will be traveling to Cairn in the next three weeks so can get JBH HIFI TO HAVE A LOOK AT IT what do think.BILL.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

You're very welcome, Bill!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,