Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an older Panasonic DVD recorder/player. It does not

Customer Question

I have an older Panasonic DVD recorder/player. It does not communicate with the tv. I have tried S-VHS connection and component connections and two different TV's but nothing shows on the screen. The TV says "No Signal" Is it just dead. I tried to reset pushing both Channel up and down at the same time but no change.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: One of the Tv's is a Panasonic plasma about 10 years old and the other is a small newer Insignia. The player has worked with the Panasonic tv for years.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We do not use the player very often so it is hard to say when the problem started. I have tried the reset as described before and connected other devices to the tv to make sure the tv is not the problem
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 3 months ago.

Hi Welcome to just answer,

I am sorry to hear that your DVD player is not communicating with your TV.

To better understand the problem, would you please provide me with your TV and DVD player models.

Also It would be easy for me to assist you over the phone. Please let me know if you would like to get a phone call.