Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am installing my Roku stick. I have gone to roku.com/link

Customer Question

Hi there. I am installing my Roku stick. I have gone to roku.com/link and then entered the code I am seeing on my screen. I get a message "This code is not recognised" I am trying to activate my Roku access
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I have no idea. I don't see a model # anywhere. I bought through amazon and I believe it is the most economical stick they sell.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Before this popped up I put in my modem wi fi code.
JA: Anything else you want the video expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of unless you want the TV make. It is an ATVIO
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Is the roku connected to your home wifi network?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I put in my code and it is connected. One glitch may be that my tv is not either of the hd options I am given for display setup. I am renting this house in Mexico and the tv comes with the rental. I did not purchase or select it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for confirming, it may cause issues later on, but if you are able to see the roku menus that is good enough,

the bigger issue is that it won't register if there are network issues,

do you have access to the router?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
By the router I am assuming its what they call a modem down here?If so yes I have access to it
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Yes, can you go unplug power to that (and unplug the roku from power and tv), for a few minutes.

Replug, go back into the roku menu and connect to network again, then try the link once more.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok , but I've so far tried both720p and 1080p and of course get a different code for each. Each says that it is not recognized.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Neither of those matter in this case, that is only for the video signal it sends to the tv, it is supporting either one at this point, the problem is with the network connection not allowing the roku to see the internet, or the roku server to see the roku device to activate it.